Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Portfolio Company Politics

I got nervous today when I heard one of my consumer internet portfolio companies had posted a political advertisement on YouTube. It seemed obvious to me that any consumer company is likely to alienate half of its customer base by making a political statement. No matter how well-executed the ad, it is guaranteed to hurt business as much as it helps.

It appears that I may have jumped too quickly to a conclusion.  This is the first political ad I have seen that appeals to both Democrats and Republicans.

2 comments:

AnnL said...

That is a fabulous ad. I'd go have some kids just to support a company with a sense of humor like that!

susan said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. No one of your Insta stalker will ever recognize that you are using ... a lot more data about who might view your profile, but not Instagram.