Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's definitely a small world

Recently, I met a young company called EasyRoommate that epitomizes the truly global nature of business today.

EasyRoommate is headquartered in New York City and all of its employees are in a single office just off Union Square. Everyone speaks English, but rarely as a first language. The Italian woman who operates www.EasyStanza.it sits next to a Spanish woman responsible for www.EasyPiso.es who sits next to a French man working on www.Appartager.com. Between the three of them and another half-dozen colleagues, they operate an identical roommate-finding service on web sites in 19 countries and six languages from a single office in New York.

They host the sites at a data center in nearby Westchester County, and they outsource most of their technology development to programmers in Latin America and India.

Despite all the complexity involved and the fact that most of his paying customers and advertisers are thousands of miles away, the entrepreneur behind it all earns a profit every month.

Pretty impressive.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about **keyword** and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about add penny site stock so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!"

Joe Muka said...

Just surfing around late night and came upon your blog...I liked it.
My site about voip Wholesale is hard to have a blog for VOIP stuff and boring too

Anonymous said...

Hey... Interesting post on voip pbx. By the way... Just found this resource where you can post your own articles on voip pbx - if you have something you want to share with the world. Besides, at the same time you'll get a link back to your own site on anything concerning voip pbx - or whatever else you'd like... why don't you check it out for yourself now...

Anonymous said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check our link of computer software download.

PolarTrader said...

Hi!

I really enjoy your blog aimed at VoiP Solution.
This VoiP Soulution is based on P2P and I'am very impressed of all the options. It must be some of the best Voip Solutions Architecture on the net.
As an Affiliate you get a very lucrative income potentials, Total company payout: 90%
l solution voip
and
l solution voip

Regards

Trond K.

PolarTrader said...

Hi! Your Blog about Voip and Web Conference is great. I have a Website with a great Web Conference Software. There also is a Trial for only one dollar month. audio conference free software video voip

Take a look when you have time!

Trond

Richpoo said...

Nice blog. Please check out my sports training site. It is all about sports training informations.

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I will remember to come back here for for insight intocellular headset phone I found this info useful also cellular headset phone

Anonymous said...

Dicecities.net
Large selection of Websites for sale, starting as low as $19.99 come by and check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark your site!

I have a best cellular phone
site. It pretty much covers best cellular phone
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Joe Muka said...

Hi, Saw your site late night. Some of your ideas I may use for my site about voip service comparison It's kind of a boring topic...I liked some of your info.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Blog Keep Up The Good work. I have a blog if your looking for computers digital cameras mp3 players dvd burners sotware. Your find all the best deals from the best stores on the net.

All Computer and Electronics shopping in one location

Anonymous said...

voip service comparison

Here's some useful info on voip service comparison which you might be looking for. The url is:
http://www.voip-phone1.com/